The European Acoustics Association (EAA) is a non-profit entity established in 1992 that includes in its membership societies predominantly in European countries interested in to promote development and progress of acoustics in its different aspects, its technologies and applications. The EAA gathers 33 societies of acoustics and serves more than 9000 individual members all over Europe.
- To promote and spread the science of acoustics, its technologies and applications throughout Europe and the entire world.
- To interface with associations whose activities are related to acoustics, in order to promote development and progress of acoustics in its different aspects and applications.
- To establish contacts, across member associations from each country, with public and private organisations and enterprises, with associations, science institutions, universities, professional organisations, etc.,to assist them in reaching their goals.
- To promote the formation of national acoustical societies in European countries where these do not exist, and to support and strengthen activities of national associations in those countries where they do exist, respecting the principle of subsidiarity.
- To promote acoustic research and application of corresponding technologies. To publish a European journal on acoustics, in printed as well as in electronic format.
- To organize and promote congresses, to publish books and monographs, and to engage in all those activities that are connected with the diffusion, promotion and development of acoustics.
- To establish agreements for collaboration with European and international entities in order to better serve the objectives of EAA.
- To foster the exchange of knowledge, experience and initiatives present in any one of member countries, for a better development of and progress in acoustics.
- To stimulate education activities and platforms in acoustics at all educational levels, both academic and professional.
- To promote and divulge the establishment and implementation of norms and recommendations in the various fields of acoustics, especially in the area of environmental acoustics, for a better quality of life.
- Gathers together 33 acoustical societies of acoustics and serves more thatn 9000 individual Members in the following countries : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, FYROM (Macedonia) Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Israel, Latvia, Lituania, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.