At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for the right candidate to join our award-winning, international, acoustics consulting practice group. In the role of Acoustical Specialist 1, we'll count on you to
- Work on portions of environmental and architectural acoustics assessments.
- Serve as an acoustical and/or vibration specialist conducting analyses to develop design options or recommendations and prepare service deliverable documents
- Perform acoustical (noise/vibration) assignments requiring application of standard and non-standard analysis techniques and procedures
- Complete tasks with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
- Work independently on projects or assist on larger projects
- Follow direction from more senior teammates.
- Focus on tasks including acoustical analyses, vibration-related analyses, and field testing. Develop subject matter expertise.
- Perform other related duties as necessary
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in Acoustics, Math, Physics, Engineering, or closely related field
- 0 years related experience in architectural and or environmental acoustics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with GIS, Cadna-A, TNM 2.5, REVIT, EASE, INSUL, and AIM or equivalent acoustics modeling software.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art with tools used to measure acoustical values, noise, and vibration and software used to process and analyze that measurement data
- Must be familiar with relevant ISO, ANSI, ASTM, and related acoustical standards
- Familiarity with current guidance documents for architectural acoustical analyses (UFC, LEED, FGI, AISC, etc.)
- Familiarity with current guidance and requirements for transportation noise analyses (DOT, FHWA, FTA, FRA)
- Requires occasional travel
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are required. Must excel at being a member of a team.
- 5 years of experience performing mechanical noise and / or vibration analyses
- 5 years of experience performing sound isolation and room acoustics analyses
- 5 years of experience performing noise or vibration analyses for surface transportation projects
- Familiarity with Larson Davis, NI instrumentation, and MATLAB
- Master’s degree in Acoustics, Math, Physics, Engineering or closely related field
Location is flexible depending upon level of experience. Preferred locations include Minneapolis, Dallas.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Apply here: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=170460&lang=en&src=JB-12120