YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of and support with theoretical topics, analytical modelling, numerical simulations, data analysis and programming for various applications with sensing and actuating MEMS technologies (mostly focusing on acoustic, structural mechanics, and fluids in theoretical physics and applied mathematics.
- One specific focus is the development of custom, special purpose simulation for aeroacoustics and ultrasonic transducer developments.
- Development of computational algorithms and simulations of airframe noise.
- Industry project support with FEM simulation with ANSYS or COMSOL.
- Project management.
- PhD degree in aerospace engineering, acoustics, mechanical engineering, or a closely aligned field.
- At least 4 years of experience in Research & Development in the research areas: theoretical, computational, and experimental aeroacoustics, including all topics that address the generation, propagation, and control of aerospace vehicle noise, as well as the effect of noise on structures and individuals.
- Experience in aeroacoustics measurements based on microphone arrays, especially wall pressure measurements in wind tunnels and flight tests.
- Knowledge of MEMS sensors, such as MEMS microphones, MEMS-based pressure and shear stress sensors.
- Must have experience with analytical and numerical methods beyond the use of standard FE tools.
- Experience in project acquisition and customer communication.
- Fluent in English.
- Start of your employment: as soon as possible.
- Fulltime (38.5 hours / week).
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 53.382 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs Kollektivvertrag“),depending on your experience and skills.
- Flexible timeframe - Home Office possible.
- € 4.- /day food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- /day in supermarkets.
- Family- & kids friendly.
- Free coffee/milk/tea and fresh fruits.
Apply at https://silicon-austria-labs.bewerberportal.at/Login/164890